posted Wednesday, February 19, 2014 by Jessica Humphrey
- What neighborhood do you currently call home? Would you ever move or are you happy in your 'hood?
After living in Brooklyn my first two months in NYC, I recently moved in to a place in the East Village/Alphabet City. My window looks out across Tompkins Square Park and the smell of Tompkins Square Bagels wafts into my apartment every morning.
- What's your hands-down, absolute favorite thing to eat in NYC?
Salmon Tartare with “Intro to Awesome” punch at Cienfuegos, tacos from Mission Cantina, Kale salad at Northern Spy, Dosa Royale in Brooklyn, or anything that Seamless will deliver to me.
- What's your perfect night on the town?
Good food, good music, good friends, and good cocktails… and maybe karaoke mixed in somewhere.
- When you need a low-key afternoon, where do you go for down time?
I’ll go for a run along East River or cross the bridge into Brooklyn to admire the Manhattan Skyline. If it’s cold I’ll grab a good book and cozy up at Ninth Street Espresso or explore a new gallery installation.
- What's your favorite place to go on a day trip from the city?
Montauk – the only place I’ve taken a day trip to outside of NYC.
- Quick-fire round:
Burrito or Burger?
Burger…when in New York. Growing up in Oakland and 3 years living in San Francisco set my burrito standards high – I’m welcoming any recommendations for a New York burrito that can compare!
Union Square Park or Central Park?
CitiBike or Subway?
Subway or walking – Never tried a CitiBike but I’d probably crash it
Uptown or Downtown?
Terminal 5 or Webster Hall?
Magnolia’s or Crumbs?
Tu-Lu’s Gluten-Free Bakery
- Three words that describe your life in NYC?
Spontaneous, New, Electrifying