posted Thursday, March 20, 2014 by Esther McIlvain
- What neighborhood do you currently call home? Would you ever move or are you happy in your 'hood?
I currently live in Park Slope, Brooklyn. I love the ‘small town’ feel of it, but could eventually see myself living in Manhattan on the Upper West Side.
- What's your hands-down, absolute favorite thing to eat in NYC?
This is SUCH a tough question because my favorite thing changes constantly as I try new restaurants and dishes. Currently, my favorite dish is the ‘Baked Mac and Cheese’ from Thistle Hill. So mouthwatering!
- What's your perfect night on the town?
One of my favorite things about NYC is the spontaneity of the city. My perfect night consists of gathering up a few fun friends and really just heading out to see where the night takes us. It’s always an adventure!
- When you need a low-key afternoon, where do you go for down time?
I really love reading in Central Park (specifically near the Alice in Wonderland statue!). It’s so amazing that this calm and serene park is in the middle of the Manhattan chaos. If I’m not reading in Central Park, then I’m probably exploring a museum.
- What's your favorite place to go on a day trip from the city?
Another great thing about the city is the ability to basically get anywhere by train! I know the Cloisters are technically “in the city”, but they are currently my favorite trip away. The medieval history and scenic area is just too beautiful for words.
- Quick-fire round:
Burrito or Burger?
Union Square Park or Central Park?
CitiBike or Subway?
Subway. You do NOT want to see my attempt riding a CitiBike. Catastrophe.
Uptown or Downtown?
Terminal 5 or Webster Hall?
Magnolia’s or Crumbs?
- Three words that describe your life in NYC?
Whirlwind, spontaneous, exciting.