Jacques Torres: Jacques Torres creates Travel Cakes just in time for the holidays
Legendary chocolatier and host of Netflix’s Nailed It! Jacques Torres has introduced his newest confection that can be enjoyed traditionally or on-the-go. These new Travel Cakes can be a perfect sweet alternative to a holiday pie.
Available in five flavors, these cakes are filled with fresh fruit or caramel centers and enrobed in hard white or dark chocolate shells. They are made using classic French baking techniques, without using any baking soda or baking powder, which allows them to stay fresh at room temperature for up to 10 days.
The flavors include:
- Madagascar Gold — This cake has a balance of subtle real vanilla beans and intense fresh house made raspberry jam. It is dipped in white and dark marbled Belgium chocolate.
- Orange Blossom — This cake is flavored with candied orange pieces and fresh squeezed orange juice. It is dipped in orange and dark Belgium chocolate.
- Pistachio Affair — This cake is flavored with pure house made pistachio paste and roasted pistachio pieces. It is dipped in pistachio green and dark Belgium chocolate.
- Heavenly Hazelnut— This cake is made with house made praline (roasted hazelnuts and caramel) and roasted crushed hazelnuts. It is then sprinkled with crushed vanilla wafers and dipped in milk Belgium chocolate.
- Intense Chocolate Noir — This Belgium chocolate cake is filled with decadent chocolate pieces. The top is covered with toasted crushed almonds then dipped in dark 60% chocolate.
Each cake is $13.99 and is available both in-store and online.Read more