Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360: 4 AirFryer Desserts to Make For Valentine’s Day
All images and recipes provided courtesy Emeril Everyday. Product samples also provided.
They say that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, so what better way to say “I Love You” this Valentine’s Day than with the gift of an amazing dessert created with the The Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360? I have been wanting to try an AirFryer for some time, so when I had the chance to check out the Power AirFryer 360, I knew I had to feature it in our Valen-Tech Gift Guide 2020. This is so much more than an AirFryer – it has 12 different cooking modes, allowing you to do everything from baking to using it as a rotisserie and even as a dehydrator! I really appreciate a versatile appliance – and the counter space it gives me in the kitchen – so I’ve been just blown away by the Power AirFryer 360.
A dehydrator has been on my list along with an AirFryer, so this was the ideal solution, and the fact that it is a fully functional mini oven is amazing. I hosted Thanksgiving for the first time last year and let me tell you, I ran out of oven space fast – this is going to be a lifesaver next year! So far, I’ve used my Power AirFryer 360 to make banana chips as a treat for my pet bunny, and made several amazing dinners – on tonight’s menu is what I’m calling “Keto Fried Chicken”, a new favorite of ours since getting this amazing appliance! The Power AirFryer 360 is quickly gaining fans – when it was delivered, the FedEx man actually said that he has one and loved it so much, he bought a second! It would make an amazing gift for any home chef on your list – or if your sweetie isn’t much of a cook, treat yourself and then surprise them with one of these four delicious desserts:
Emeril Lagasse’s Layer Cake with Seven-Minute Frosting
SERVES 8 –10
- pan spray
- flour, for dusting
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- Seven-Minute Frosting
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. light corn syrup
- cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 large egg whites, room
- 1 tsp. almond or vanilla extract
- Grease and flour two cake pans. Prepare the cake mix according to its packaging’s instructions and then pour the batter into the prepared pans.
- Select the Bake setting (325° F/165° C). Set the cooking time to 35 mins. Press the Start Button and let the Power AirFryer 360 preheat.
- When the Power AirFryer 360 has preheated, slide the Pizza Rack into Shelf Position 5. Place one of the cake pans on the Pizza Rack. Cook until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. When the cake is done, repeat the process with the second cake.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pan for at least 10 mins. Before inverting on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan on the stove top. Add the sugar, corn syrup, cream of tartar, salt, and water and whisk together. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat and cook, undisturbed (do not stir the mixture; stirring can cause the sugar to crystallize), until a candy thermometer inserted into the mixture reads 240° F/116° C (about 2 mins.).
- While the mixture heats up, add the egg whites to a medium-size bowl. Use an electric mixer on high speed to beat the egg whites until foamy.
- Once the sugar syrup reaches 240° F/116° C, immediately and carefully pour the syrup into the egg whites with the mixer running on high speed away from the beaters to prevent splattering and possible burns. Continue to beat until the frosting is glossy and fluffy (about 5 mins.). Then, beat in the almond or vanilla extract.
- Frost the top of one cake half. Place the other cake half on top of the frosting and then frost the top of the cake.
Molten Chocolate Cakes
Recipe Type: Emeril Power AirFryer 360
- 25 cup Heavy Cream
- 8 ounce semi-sweet chocolate, chopped, divided
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 5 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, separated, divided
- 5 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- powdered sugar, for serving
- mint leaves, for serving
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- whipped cream, for serving
To make the Ganache:
- Place a saucepan on the stove top. Bring the cream to a simmer in the saucepan over low heat.
- Place 2 oz chocolate in a small bowl. Pour the cream over the chocolate, let sit for 2–3 mins., and then whisk to combine.
- Chill the mixture until firm and then form it into six 1-in. balls. Reserve the ganache in the refrigerator.
To make the Cakes:
- Butter six 6-oz ramekins with 1 tsp. butter in each ramekin. Pour 1 tsp. sugar into each ramekin, turn to coat, and tap out any excess sugar.
- Melt 6 oz chocolate and add it to a bowl with 4 tbsp. butter. Set the bowl over simmering water and stir to combine. Allow the chocolate to cool slightly and then stir in the egg yolks, vanilla, and flour.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer and whip until thickened and foamy. Gradually beat in 3 tbsp. sugar and continue beating just until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until combined.
- Evenly divide the batter between the prepared ramekins. Press a ganache ball into each ramekin and cover with the batter.
- Slide the Pizza Rack into Shelf Position 5. Place the ramekins on the Pizza Rack.
- Select the Bake setting (325° F/165° C). Set the cooking time to 15 mins. Press the Start Button to begin the cooking cycle. Bake until the top of the cakes are puffed and slightly firmed but not browned.
- When the cakes are done cooking, remove them and let rest for 3 mins. Then, top with the powdered sugar, raspberries, and mint leaves and serve with the vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.
White Chocolate Macadamia Bread Pudding
Recipe Type: Emeril Power AirFryer 360
- 25 cup water
- 33333 cup cups sugar, divided
- 25 cup plus 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 666667 cup Heavy Cream
- 25 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 5 teaspoon Vanilla
- 75 cup Heavy Cream
- 75 cup whole milk
- 9 ounce White Chocolate Chips
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 25 teaspoon salt
- 5 load day-old French bread, torn into rough pieces
- 5 cup chopped toasted macadamia nuts
- 25 cup unsalted butter, melted
- whipped cream, for serving
To make the Caramel Sauce:
- Place a pot on the stove top. Bring the water and 1 cup sugar to a boil over medium-high heat until amber colored. Then, remove the pot from the heat and let cool briefly.
- Carefully whisk the butter and cream into the caramel. Then, add the salt and vanilla and stir.
To make the Bread Pudding:
- Place a large pan on the stove top. Add the cream and milk and bring to a bare simmer over low heat.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the chocolate chips. Leave the saucepan undisturbed for 1–2 mins. and then whisk until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Combine the eggs, vanilla, salt, and ⅓ cup sugar in a large bowl and whisk. Add the chocolate mixture and stir until incorporated. Soak the bread and macadamia nuts in the mixture for 15 mins.
- Butter a 1.5-qt. round baking dish with the melted butter. Spoon the mixture into the dish and drizzle the remaining butter over the mixture.
- Slide the Pizza Rack into Shelf Position 5. Tightly cover the dish with foil and place the dish on the Pizza Rack.
- Select the Bake setting. Set the cooking temperature to 335° F/168° Cand set the cooking time to 1 hr. Press the Start Button to begin the cooking cycle. When the cooking timer has 15 mins. remaining, uncover the bread pudding.
- When the pudding is done cooking, remove the dish. Cool the bread pudding briefly and then serve in small bowls. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the pudding and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Granola with Dried Blueberries
- Dehydrated Blueberries
- 4 cups blueberries, rinsed
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds,
- walnuts & almonds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 4 tbsp. wheat germ
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Place the blueberries on the Crisper Tray. Slide the Crisper Tray into Shelf Position
- Select the Dehydrate setting. Set the cooking temperature to 120° F/49° C and set the cooking time to 20 hrs. Press the Start Button to begin the cooking cycle.
- Combine the granola ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Spread the granola on the Baking Pan. Slide the Pizza Rack into Shelf Position 1. Place the Baking Pan on top of the Pizza Rack. Select the Bake setting (30-min. cooking time). Set the cooking temperature to 300° F/149° C. Press the Start Button to begin the cooking cycle. Halfway through the cooking time (15 mins.), stir the granola.
- When the cooking time is complete, remove the granola, let cool, and mix with the dried blueberries.
- Serve with yogurt.
The Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 retails for $199.99 on EmerilEveryday.com, so get yours today!Read Full Article Here